1. We require a 50% non-refundable deposit on any order at the time the order is placed. Your cake deposit reserves your cake in our schedule. There are other cake requests that are not scheduled once your deposit is accepted.
2. We will refund payment, less your deposit, through store credit for cancellations made at least 14 days in advance of your pick up/delivery date. No refunds are provided for cancellations made less than 14 days in advance of your pick up/delivery date. Please note: we do not provide refunds in the form of cash or credit/debit card--it is in the form of store credit only.
3. We must receive the remaining balance 7 days prior to event date or contract is null and void. Your cake will not be baked until we receive the remainder of the balance. If not paid in full, your delivery date and order will be canceled.
4. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style, or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
5. Delivery fee is based on design and distance from our gallery.
6. The majority of our cakes are custom and because of height and size will not come in a box. We do not have boxes to fit tiered cakes.
7. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions. We do not provide vegan or gluten-free products.
8. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Delivery and Pick Up Policies
Please read these Terms and Policies carefully as this paperwork will need to be signed at time of delivery.
1. We strongly suggest delivery and setup to be done by Cindy's Sweet Creations, however you do have the option to pick up your cake at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake once it leaves Cindy's Sweet Creations possession. If you, or your designated party, elect to pick up, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Cindy's Sweet Creations possession. Once an item has been picked up by you or your designated party and leaves our possession, it is considered accepted.
2. The client is responsible for providing an appropriate size, level, and stable table with a cool and safe environment for the cake(s). We are not responsible for damage resulting from tables that are not level, weak, too small, or placed in a warm area. Please keep in mind that there can be wind, rain, temperature, pets, bugs, or other situations, especially for outdoor deliveries that can harm or cause damage to your cake. We are not responsible for any damage, for any reason, to your cake(s) for any reason after it leaves our possession.
3. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Cindy's Sweet Creations to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control. Every effort will be made to deliver on time however delivery of your cake may be delayed due to traffic, accidents, weather, acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
4. We photograph our cakes, and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
5. Once a cake is delivered to you or your designated party, or picked up by you or your designated party, it is considered accepted. Refunds requested will not be honored. If nobody is at your location at the designated time and address, after a 15-minute grace period, the product will be returned to Cindy's Sweet Creations store front and remain there for customer pick up. If another delivery attempt is requested, additional delivery fees will be requested.
6. Cindy's Sweet Creations has a store front located at 1118G MIssion Blvd in Ontario. Pick ups will occur at this location unless other arrangements are made prior to delivery.
7. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
8. When signing, you agree that your order has been received and you are content with your order.
Color matching and variables: We at Cindy's Sweet Creations do our very best to match color swatches provided by our customers. However, matching colors presents many variables as the color ingredients cool, harden, and set for periods of time in various environments. While our success rate is very high, guarantees of consistent color matching 100% of the time are unrealistic. For this reason, Cindy's Sweet Creations does not guarantee exact color matching. To improve the probability of matching specific colors we have developed the following “Do’s and Don’ts” list:
Live swatches only: No emailed, verbally communicated, or internet sample colors. We suggest we develop agreements “in person” to help assure we “see” the actual colors together. Purple, Navy Blues, and other similar colors can change ‘shades’ when exposed to differing weather, sunlight, heat, humidity, moisture, etc. We will give these colors our best efforts. We recommend that colors always be keptin as stable an environment (if possible) from the time of production, delivery, presentation, and consumption. We have discovered that these steps improve the likelihood of success with color matching.
Security Deposit Agreement: All rentals require a deposit equal to the replacement cost of the equipment being rented (i.e. cake stands, cupcake towers, plates, jars, etc.). This deposit is due at the same time the down payment is made (see Payment Agreement) in the form of cash or credit card. The equipment must be returned within three days following the event damage free, or the deposit will be used to purchase replacement equipment. If the rental(s) are returned in the same condition received by the borrower, the cash will be returned immediately or the card will be refunded (48-hour processing fee by the credit card company).
Equipment/Rental return: Return to Cindy's Sweet Creations no later than (date)______________.
Holding cakes in your lap while driving, placing products on seats that are not level in a vehicle, leaving products unattended in a vehicle, keeping products in vehicles for extended periods of time, placing products in a over filled trunk, not leveling and securing the product in a vehicle properly before traveling, placing the product where other objects can fall on it, placing the product around small children or animals, holding the cake box on the sides rather than the center of the bottom of the box, etc. Once you take possession of the item(s), Cindy's Sweet Creations releases all liability, and no refunds or exchanges will be provided.
In order to provide our customers with timely and accurate delivery, Cindy's Sweet Creations requires accurate addresses supported by maps to the location prior to delivery; this also allows for accurate delivery times so our customers don’t experience any unexpected costs. To insure customer satisfaction, the customer or someone designated by the customer must be at the delivery location at the scheduled time of arrival to allow Cindy's Sweet Creations to complete the delivery. A contact phone number of the person(s) who has appropriate access to the facility must be provided at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery. If Cindy's Sweet Creations does not have access at the agreed time of arrival, after 15 minutes the product will be returned to the Cindy's Sweet Creations location and will be available for customer pick up. Additional fees will apply to additional delivery efforts. For possible changes for delivery arrival time refer to outdoor events above.
"I agree to all of the terms in this contract, and I am the person responsible, or I represent the person responsible, for all payments regarding this order. I have received my order from Cindy's Sweet Creations. My order meets my expectations, and I release Cindy's Sweet Creations for being held accountable for my order should any damages to my order occur."
Print your name __________________________________
Sign your name ___________________________________
Today's date: ______________________________________